(CLARIFICATION FOR ALL THESE POINTS WILL BE GIVEN WITHIN FEW HOURS, PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE.)
Clarification for the new VTU circular:
- As per the point one of the circular, students should not have more than 4 backlogs to enter the odd semester, ie., next academic year. Hence students with more than 4 backlogs are not eligible for the next year, hence no relaxation is given in this case.
- As per the point two of the circular, students who are entering the 7th semester should have completed the all courses of first year, hence there is no mention of critical backlogs from second year in this case, and we can assume critical backlogs are no more considered and students can proceed to the next year. (We do not have any confirmation on this and waiting for officials to clarify the same.
- As per the point three of the circular, the same mentioned above is applicable to the B.Arch students.
- As per the point four of the circular, in case the CGPA is less than 5, students are allowed to write the exams again and clear which is called as SEE(Semester End Examination). This is not applicable to the Internship, technical seminar, project and laboratories.
- As per the point five of the circular, refer point four from above.
- As per the point five of the circular, Head of department should take the responsibility and mentor students to make up the CGPA to minimum of 5 or more.
OFFICIAL CIRCULAR CONTENT:
Subject: Vertical Progression of Students of 2015 and 2017 Schemes and those who have switched to these schemes/ switching to these schemes- reg…
Ref: 1. Resolution No. 1 of Extraordinary 141st meeting of the Executive Council held on 7th September 2018 Honorable Vice-Chancellor’s Approval dated 7-9-2018.
The students admitted under 2015-16 scheme (i.e. CBCS scheme) who are not eligible to 5th semester are requesting for supplementary examination, carryover system and extension of One Time Exit scheme facility.
Considering the representation of the students and in view of the introduction of new scheme and regulations from the academic year 2018-19 and to facilitate the closure of previous schemes, the authorities of the University have resolved to provide the following vertical progression :
1) The Students of 2015 and 2017 Schemes and those who have switched to these schemes / switching to these schemes should not have more than 4 Fail Grades (F Grades pertaining to theory as well as practical courses) at any point of time for admission to any higher odd semester.
2) For admission to 7th Semester B.E./B.Tech the students should have completed all the courses of first year.
3) For admission to 9th Semester B.Arch. the students should have completed all the courses of first year and second year.
4) In case, CGPA is less than 5.00 at the end of the B.E./B.Tech. programme, students are permitted to appear again for SEE in full or part of the corresponding previous semester theory course/s by rejecting the performance of them (other than internship, technical seminar, project and laboratories) for any number of times subject to the provision of maximum duration of the programme, to make up the CGPA greater than or equal to 5.00 for the award of degree.
5) In case, CGPA is less than 5.00 at the end of B.Arch. Programme, students are permitted to appear again for SEE in full or part of the corresponding previous semester course/s by rejecting the performance of them for any number of times subject to the provision of maximum duration of the programme, to make up the CGPA greater than or equal to 5.00 for the award of degree.
6) The Faculty Advisor/ Head of the Department shall mentor the students to register the courses to make up the CGPA equal to or greater than 5.00.
7) The University examination in all the programmes of study shall be conducted at the end of each semester for all the semesters. The examinations shall not be considered as overlapping if at all a student appears for examinations conducted in the morning and afternoon session. Further, the examinations shall not also be considered as overlapping if the same student appears for the next day’s examinations.
8) Non-Credit Mandatory courses shall not be considered for vertical progression. However, they are to be completed for the award of the degree as per regulations.
9) The Faculty Advisor / Head of the Department shall advice the students to maintain a CGPA of 5.00 or greater than 5.00 at the end of each academic year.
This notification will come into the effect from the date of issue of this notiﬁcation.
The contents of this Notiﬁcation may be brought to the notice of all the afﬁliated colleges (non-autonomous) and others concerned.
The Principal of all Affiliated colleges (non-autonomous colleges)
1. The Principal Secretary, Higher Education Department, Govt. of Karnataka,
2. The Director of Technical Education, Bengaluru
3. The Hon‘ble Vice-Chancellorthrough the Secretary to V0. VTU, Belagavi
4. The Registrar(Eval.), VTU, Belagavi
5. The |/c Regional Directors of all Regional Offices of VTU
6. The Special Officers of Academic Section, VTU, Belagavi
7. The Case workers of Academic Section, VTU, Belagavi
Link for the official circular: Circular
Check VTU results 2019