TOP 5 TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITIES IN INDIA
WHAT IS A TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY?
Technological university can be referred to those universities which specialize in engineering, technology, applied science and natural sciences.
SCOPE OF THIS COURSE
The demand for such field is vast which can be proven from the fact that last year itself 13 lakh students appeared in the JEE examination. Students can now build their career in various engineering spectrums with exuberant salary packages some of which include:
- Software Engineering:this is one of the lucrative stream offering the highest salary packages among others with a well opportunity in overseas job. The salary might start from rs. 4.5-6 lakh and can extend to rs. 20-30 lakh per annum as per experience.
- Electronics and communication engineering: this branch is a ‘bless in disguise’ for those with an impeccable interest in calculus and physics. Having a B.Tech degree might add to acquiring a salary of rs. 4-6 lakh per year but additional skills such as implementation, architectural and design level skills could increase the earnings up to rs.10 lakh a year.
- Mechanical engineering: one of the oldest yet demanding branch, mechanical engineering offers a salary around rs. 1.3 lakh to rs.3.15 lakh per annum.
- Civil or environment engineering: structuring of buildings, roads, dams etc. is what this branch is all about. They offer a pay of rs. 20000-30000 per month but an experience of 15-20 years can earn a person rs.75000-100000 per month.
Apart from these, employment is also provided in the field of chemical, Biotechnology, genetic, aeronautical, electrical and electronics engineering. Post completion of graduation candidates have the option of go for M.tech or an MBA. Distance MBA is another alternative for students willing to pursue management education while working.
COLLEGES PROVIDING THIS COURSE
Numerous colleges such as Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology etc. help in providing facilities in technological courses but the top 5 colleges in India which provide this stream is mentioned in the table below:
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||ADMISSION PROCESS|
|BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE, PILANI||· Student should qualify in 10+2 examination from a recognized board with an aggregate of 75% marks. Also, 60% marks should be obtained in physics, chemistry and either maths or in biology.||Students must clear BITSAT exam with good marks in order to get admission. However, toppers will be availed direct admission irrespective of their scores in BITSAT.|
|COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, PUNE||· The student must be of Indian origin and pass 12th standard from Maharashtra board or their equivalent in English, physics, maths, and chemistry or biotechnology or biology or technical vocational subject.
· They must also secure at least 50% marks for general category and 45% in case of backward classes.
· Lastly, they have to obtain a positive composite score i.e. 50% JEE marks+50% class 12th marks calculated in terms of percentile.
|The directorate of technical education conducts a Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MHCET on the basis of which the admission of BE/B.Tech programmes are conducted.|
|VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, VELLORE||UG COURSES
· The birth date of the candidate must be on or after 1st July, 1997.
· A minimum aggregate marks of around 40% to 50% in some cases which might reach 70%, must be attained by them in their 12th board’s examination depending on the course structure opted.
· should obtain 60% marks in graduation
· 60% marks in Master’s degree
Admission is on the basis of the fulfilment of eligibility criteria except for B.Tech where VITEEE is held followed by counselling and B.Arch. programmes where the candidate has to secure 40% marks in NATA.
Admission to M.Tech and MCA programmes is conducted through VITMEE and GATE scores.
On the basis of applications received, the candidates are chosen and their performance in written test and interview is calculated alongwith their masters and bachelor’s degree marks.
|MANIPAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, MANIPAL||The candidate must fulfil the eligibility requirements of Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MUOET) i.e. the choice of subjects in class 12 and the appearance in exam.||The rank obtained in MUOET will determine the selection process after which a counselling will be held.|
|Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||Candidates need to clear class 12th with passing marks along with descent score in JEE or KCET Entrance Exam.
|The admission is based on the ranks obtained in JEE Mains or KCET exam.
The admission is a 2 step process where the 1st step revolves around clearing the entrance test and step 2 is to attend the counselling for seat allotment.