We have received a circular from VTU quoting that colleges shall provide the financial assistance to final year projects with the aid of VTU (Vishweshwaraih technological university.)
This is said to help students who are creative yet need monetary funds for projects.
As per the circular as shown below, go through each point to know your eligibility:
As per the circular below points are brought to the notice of students who are willing to avail this financial aid.
- This financial assistance for VTU final year projects is available to all branches of VTU for all colleges.
- This amount of 5000 rupees shall be given for each project for undergraduate students.
- It should also be noted that this financial aid will be exclusively available for two projects from each branch and shall be chosen by the committee from college.
The committee formed by the VTU college containing following members composition:
- The principal of the college will act as chairman.
- HOD of respective branch will act as member
- Three subject experts/ senior professors/ industrialists as deemed fit by the institution from each branch.
This move is said to be triggered as VTU received 12B status from UGC (University grants commission), So now VTU can avail funds from the centre and other such government agencies for funding.
WHAT IS 12B STATUS?
Using 12B status universities can avail the assistance to colleges and institutions affiliated to be included under Section 2F, and declared fit to receive all kinds of central aid under Section 12B of UGC Act, 1956, as per approved pattern of assistance under various schemes.